Panel Sessions 2020
Call for presentation outlines is now closed
We are in the process of structurising the Panel Sessions and will keep you informed on the results.
Why are Panel Sessions so important?
Parallel Panel sessions are where most of the “magic” happens and they are among the most popular parts of the programme. One of the many things that make C4E Forum special is interaction among participants. The whole morning on both Thursday and Friday will be dedicated to Panel sessions in which participants will have an opportunity to share their experience, discuss issues and look for inspiration for their everyday work.
We insist strongly on short presentations (12 min; 3 presentations per session) and reserving at least half of the 90 min session for engagement with audience and break-out work moderated by an experienced Panel Leader (who is also earlier engaged in preparation of the session with the Presenters by providing comments to their outlines etc.).
Who can present?
Anyone who has relevant and interesting topics to share at the conference. We encourage all participants to submit presentation outlines about interesting developments in energy efficiency policy in their countries in the CEE region.
Is there a cost involved?
All presenters have to register as participants. The registration fee structure is outlined here.
- Presentation outlines need to be submitted online by 31 January 2020 (1st call for outlines) - the call is extended until 17 February.
- The Organising Committee reviews the outlines and announce accepted ones by 10 February 2020 (+ 7 days after the final deadline for the outlines sent in the extended period)
- If needed a 2nd call for outlines might be announced (with deadline to be decided later)
- Panel Leaders provide Presenters feedback on their presentation outlines by end of July 2020
- Presenters send full presentations to Panel Leaders by the mid of August 2020
- Panel leaders provide comments and request changes to the presentations by the end of August 2020.
- Final updated presentations need to be sent to panel leaders by mid September 2020.
- Presenters will be informed about their allocated time slot by the end of September 2020.
How to submit a presentation outline?
Below is a tentative list of topics that we believe might be interesting. However, if you would like to present on specific topic that you consider relevant but it is not on the list, please add this topic to the table in the outline form.
- Capacity building (e.g. qualification/training) and awareness rising
- Financing renovation of building stock (e.g. renovation programmes, ETS revenues)
- Innovation in the building sector (e.g. smart buildings)
- Implementation of EU policies (e.g. nZEB)
- Leadership at local level/Governments leading by example
- Alleviating energy poverty through building renovation and ensuring a just energy transition
- Long Term Renovation Strategies
- Healthy and comfortable buildings
- Circular economy
- From nZEB buildings to nZEB Communities/Districts
- Role of buildings in the energy system